HiveSQL is a publicly available Microsoft SQL database containing all the Hive blockchain data.
Data are structured and easily accessible from any application able to connect to a MS-SQL Server database. It allows you to easily access data contained in the Hive blockchain and perform analysis or find valuable information.
Browsing the blockchain over and over to retrieve and compute values is time and resource consuming.
Instead of having a local copy of the blockchain or downloading the whole data from some external public node to process it, you will send your query to HiveSQL server and get the requested information.
HiveSQL makes it possible to produce quick answers to complex questions.
How to register your HiveSQL account?
For obvious security reasons, before being able to access the HiveSQL database, you will have to create a HiveSQL account. The activation process is very simple:
- Transfer 0.01 HBD to @hivesql (no memo required)
- As soon as @hivesql receives your transfer, your activation will be processed
- A few seconds later, you will receive a micro-transfer back from @hivesql.
The @hivesql transfer memo contains your new credentials and is therefore encrypted.
There are two easy ways to see its content;
- if you use peakd.com, click on the small green lock
- if you have Keychain installed, open it and click on the History button
The memo contains the following information:
- the hostname to connect to the HiveSQL server.
- your personal login
- your password
If you have any questions, remarks or suggestions, support for HiveSQL is provided on the HiveSQL Discord Channel only.